An IVR is an interactive voice server. It’s a “voice robot” that greets callers and suggests that they press a key on the keypad to be directed to the chosen destination. For example: “press 1 for the sales department, press 2 for the technical department”.
Access the IVR menu
To access the section for creating a voice server :
- Click on the apps icon
- Click on “Apps”
- Click on “IVR menu”
Configuring an interactive voice server
Once in the “IVR menu” section, click on “Add IVR menu”.
- Name : add a name for the IVR
- Extension : automatically generated, cannot be modified
- Greet long : choose the sound of the voice server
- Exit action : choose the action that will be triggered once the voice server is finished. For example, you can restart the IVR or ring an extension.
Set IVR menu keys
- Option : option number key
- Destination : action triggered when the person chooses this option
- Add : add a line to create a new menu item
Other configuration options
- Timeout : shuts down IVR after X milliseconds
- Ring back : select the waiting sound during transfer
- : IVR display name
- Enabled : choose whether or not to enable this IVR menu
- Direct dial : define whether callers can dial directly to registered extensions