Once you’ve downloaded and installed the Kavkom application on Windows, the next step is to ensure that your settings are correctly configured to use Kavkom in the best possible conditions.
Login to your Kavkom account
Log in with your Kavkom account login details and choose the display language. You’ll then see the Kavkom Phone numeric keypad.
Once logged in, go to the “Settings” menu by clicking on the button at bottom right.
The “My account” menu in the Kavkom application allows you to view your line extension, change the application language and change your Kavkom user account password.
Sound and Devices
- Sound notifications : in this menu you can change the ringtone played during sound notifications.
- Speakers : select the sound output device for calls and ringtones.
- Microphone : check level and select input device.
- Codecs (advanced users): customize the use of audio codecs.
- Auto reject during call : lets you redirect incoming calls when you’re already on a call.
- Auto Click2Call : when using an integration or extension with Kavkom’s Click2Call functionality, allows the call to be launched without having to validate it.
Keyboard shortcuts: activate keyboard shortcuts to initiate, reject or hang up calls.
- Search prospects during call : when an integration is installed, displays contact information when receiving or making calls.
- Search for leads in Kavkom CRM exclusively : displays contact information based on the Kavkom CRM database only, even if another integration is installed.
In the “Settings” menu, you can deactivate call reception by setting your status to “Unavailable”.
Using the Kavkom application on Windows
Navigating the Kavkom application on Windows is easy. When you first log in to the application, your default screen is the dial pad where you can make outgoing calls.
Above the numeric keypad, you can toggle between your different numbers to choose the one you wish to display to your callers for future calls.
The “enter a number” box lets you select the country to which you wish to make a call, without having to enter the area code. You can type in a number using the numeric keypad, or paste it from the clipboard.
During a call, here are the keys and their corresponding functions:
- Mute : mute microphone
- Keypad : display numeric keypad
- Add : invite a participant
- Transfer : transfer the call to a teammate or an external number
- Hold : put the correspondent on hold
By activating the contact search with an integration or the Kavkom CRM, the contact’s record appears with his or her information on an incoming or outgoing call. You can then either quickly access the corresponding record in your CRM with a single click, or create a contact there.
Transfer your calls directly to an internal colleague or to an external line. Scroll through your contacts or use the search bar to find the right person, or enter the destination phone number.
Then tap on :
- “Transfer now” to make a direct transfer
- “Call first” to talk to the transfer recipient before confirming the transfer.
To display the keypad during a call to perform an action (e.g. to dial a number in an IVR menu, or when you need to enter a pin code), press the “Keypad” key. Tap on the cross at top right to close it.
Invite to participate
To invite a third party to the phone call, tap on “Add”, then select the collaborator or enter the phone number.
Put on hold
Press hold to put your callers on hold with music. Press again to resume the call.
Minimize call window
By tapping on the icon at the top left, you minimize the current call window, allowing you to navigate the application menus while still on the line. Tap on the green bar to return to the call window.
By tapping on “recent”, view your call history from any of your numbers. You can view outgoing and incoming calls, as well as voice messages. In addition to the phone number, the contact name is displayed when an integration is activated and the number corresponds to a contact in your CRM.
To find calls easily, you can use filters by tapping on “Filters” at the top left and selecting the direction, a date range, a collaborator or a number in the display.
Tapping on a recent call takes you to the call details, the recording, the contact record if the number is stored in your CRM, and the call history for that number.
Find the list of your teammates to contact them quickly.
Now you know how to set up and use all the features of the Kavkom Phone application on Windows!
If you have any questions about setting up and using Kavkom Phone for Windows, please contact our technical support team.