How to make a call
There are several ways to make calls:
- With HubSpot’s integrated Kavkom Phone by clicking on the phone icon and then on the number to dial
- With an IP phone or a Kavkom Phone application by clicking on the “Call” button on the Kavkom Card.
Number formats supported by HubSpot
When you add a phone number to HubSpot, you have the option of applying or removing the number’s formatting.
If number formatting is applied, your number will be automatically formatted by HubSpot in a standard format based on the number’s country code. These automatic formats will be supported by Kavkom’s HubSpot integration.
If the formatting is removed, you can enter the number in the format of your choice. In this case, for the integration to work properly, be sure to enter the number in one of the supported formats listed below:
- Original : 33102030405
- National : 01 02 03 04 05
- E164 : +33102030405
- International : +33 1 02 03 04 05
- IDD : 0033102030405
Automatic calling activities
Calls received/issued from a Kavkom line will post a call activity on the contact record if the number matches that entered in the HubSpot record, with status, direction, agent and call recording information.
If there is no correspondence with the contacts, the call will be referenced in the Contacts > Calls menu without being assigned to a contact.
For every call in which a contact is already registered in HubSpot, or when a new contact is created in HubSpot for numbers that are not yet registered, a preview card will be displayed in your Kavkom phone application with important information! This information is as follows.
- “Title”: First and last name if registered in HubSpot, with a direct link to the contact page.
- “Company”: Name of the company associated with the number in HubSpot.
- “Email: Contact’s email address.
- “Owner”: The owner of the contact. If there is a Kavkom user whose email matches, the Kavkom user’s name will be displayed.
- “Last contact”: The date on which the contact was last contacted, formatted in MM/DD/YYYY.
⚠️ Please note that HubSpot associates calls to companies via the contact.
For each call in which a company is registered in HubSpot with a calling/called number, and no contact exists in HubSpot, the appropriate company information will be displayed:
- “Title”: Name of the company registered in HubSpot, with a direct link to the company page.
- “Owner”: The owner of the company. If there is a Kavkom user whose e-mail address matches, his or her name will be displayed.
- “Last contact”: The date on which the company was last contacted, formatted in MM/DD/YYYY.
Incoming and outgoing calls will be listed in HubSpot’s “Calls” menu from the Kavkom domain.
Contact creation from a call
If no contact in HubSpot matches the caller’s number, or no company with a matching phone number is found, you can create a new contact manually or automatically, using the phone number and call activity as information.
Create a contact manually
During a call using the Kavkom application, press “Add” to create the new contact.
Automatic contact creation
Automatic contact creation